Follow the Interns
We would like to welcome Gage Wilkins and Brandon Kinne to the team! Over the next 10 weeks they will work throughout company departments to get a full view of how a manufacturer operates in the aftermarket industry.
Northwood University Interns Final Post Concluding Their Summer Internship with TrakMotive.
Great Job Guys and good luck with your future endeavors!
1. Made a sales call for a potential new customer ICP (International Car Parts)
2. Visited a current customer, “Car Parts of Plaistow” and re-organized and counted inventory of our CV Axles in their warehouse
3. Also visited a few great restaurants in NH & Maine area while on the road
Spent the past two weeks with the New Product Development Department. They asked me to find a software program that could help track the process of creating a new part and any changes made to the product. We created a workflow process map to understand the step-by-step process on how it works, as well as using it as an evaluation tools on these new programs. We found 16 programs that TrakMotive could implement and use the workflow document to determine the three best fit programs. We are scheduling a meeting later on to determine the likelihood of which one of these software programs would work best for implementation.
• Made suggestions on new programs to improve warehousing management
• Created new organization structure for the re-pack process
• Created an interactive excel sheet for first-to-market sales by part number both graphically and numerically
Northwood University Interns insights on developing better repackaging processes on inventory & improving the overall new product development process
Did market research on Turbo Chargers and were able to verify the following interesting statistics:
* Currently 30,884,533 vehicles on the road today in the USA are equipped with turbo charged engines
* Average age of vehicles with turbo charged engines is 8.1 years
* Turbos are generally need to be replaced between 80K – 120K miles
* IHS is forecasting over 33 million vehicles will be registered in the US by 2025 and 76% of those will be equipped with a turbo charger
Enjoyed a cookout with the TrakMotive team as we get ready for the 4th of July weekend. Hope everyone has a great weekend and stay safe!
Worked with the returns team and looked for new ideas for improvement including new scanners that print labels when scanning in product. Also discussed possible new processes to better standardize return procedures for improved accuracy and effiency.
Northwood University Interns Insights on improved R & D processes and handling returns at the Distribution Center
Attended the “4 Wheel Parts Jeep & Truck Fest” in Ontario, California this past week. We received a lot of great feedback from everyone we met and learned a lot about ATV/UTV market. We look forward to going to another show soon.